Ahead Together Conference 2021: Supporting family identity after brain injury
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2019 Ahead Together conference was a fantastic, inspirational and emotional day full of valuable information for those in the field of brain injury neurorehabilitation. So following the success of this we have launched Ahead Together 2021, which will explore how brain injury impacts on people’s family identity.
If you are passionate about working with – or want to learn more about the experiences of the families of brain injury survivors – then this is the conference for you. Royds Withy King Solicitors are proud to announce their second national Brain Injury Conference – again focusing on supporting the family and professional relationship in the context of acquired brain injury.
Through linking the latest clinical and research evidence base and the personal accounts of family members, this conference promises to be an illuminating and informative day, offering a unique perspective on the needs of families and how professionals and families can work more effectively together towards improved outcomes.
Join us this time to hear clinical, legal, research and deeply personal perspectives on the impact of brain injury on family identity.
Hear from a range of speakers, including professionals and family members on the importance of supporting family identity after brain injury. We will be joined by special guest Lemn Sissay MBE who will deliver the keynote presentation.
Full line-up of speakers:
- Lemn Sissay, MBE — Poet, author, playwright and Chancellor of Manchester University
- Tracy Norris-Evans — Partner and head of Personal Injury and Compensation Protection at Royds Withy King
- Dr Audrey Daisley — Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, Oxford
- Dr Fergus Gracey — Clinical Associate Professor – Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia and Honorary Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cambridge Centre for Paediatric Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Charlotte Whiffin — Senior Lecturer, Adult Nurse, University of Derby & visiting researcher University of Cambridge
- Dr Ndidi Boakye — Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, Couples Therapist and Director of The Psychology Practice
- Dr Mark Holloway — Senior Brain Injury Case Manager & Expert Witness, NIHR SSCR Fellow and Honorary Assistant Professor in the School of Sociology & Social Policy, University of Nottingham
- Nicky Wake — CEO of Don’t Panic Events
- Dr Giles Yeates — Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist Rippling Minds and NeuroFlow Tai Chi
- Nicola Cale — Assistant Case Manager, CCMS
- Dr Helen Kennerley — Consultant Clinical Psychologist (NHS/MOD) and Senior associate Tutor (University of Oxford)
- Trevor Greenaway — Founder and MD of 4Sight Business Consultancy
Click here for full programme Ticket Information
All profits from the event will be donated to The Silverlining Brain Injury Charity.
0800 923 2073